Difference between Type and Like in SAP ABAP
1 Flares 1 Flares ×
- Type is a keyword used to refer to a data type.
- It will allocate memory during execution (object type).
- Type will improve performance.
- It is used when user defined object link with SAP system data type.
- Type refers to the user defined data types
- Type, assign datatype directly to the data object while declaring.
- Like is a keyword used to copy the existing properties of already existing data object.
- Like, you assign the datatype of another object to the declaring data object. The data type is referenced indirectly.
- It will allocate memory immediately.
- It is when data object link with the other data object.
- Like refers to existing datatype of data object