Business Application Programming Interface Introduction – BAPI
45 Flares 45 Flares ×
BAPI (Business Application Programming Interface)
- BAPI is designed as an API method of SAP objects. These methods and there objects Are stores in BOR (business object Repository).
- BOR is used to maintain the version change management, whenever the version is changed then no need to change BAPIs program, as it is taking care of BOR
- BAPI was introduced from 4.6 versions onwards.
- BAPI is implemented as a function module that is stored and described in the Function Builder. BAPI is also called as a remote enable function module.
Some of the important points related to the BAPI
- BAPI should not contain call transaction.
- BAPI structure must not contain include.
- BAPI must not invoke commit work, Instead of this we call the transaction BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT function module.
- There are no functional dependencies between two function modules.
- BAPI never cause to terminate the program whenever an error occurs in BAPI then those error are return through return parameter.
- BAPI should not contain dialog box and submit reports.
- By using BAPI you can upload data into Database tables
- You can use BAPI as a Interface ( used to integrate 3rd party software’s with SAP)
- BAPI is used to connect the R/3 to Internet by using IAC’s(Internet Application Components).
- BPI is used to connect the satellite systems
- BAPI is used to connect SAP to non-SAP System
- BAPI is used to connect satellite system
- BAPI is used to connect the business partners own development (vendor portals, customer portals so on)
- BAPI is used to connect the VB as a front end to R/3 system
- BAPI is used to connect the distributed system by using ALE (Application Link Enabling)